We are looking for an experienced and pro-active Purchasing Manager who is passionate about creating a positive and inspiring environment for a leading retailer based in Banbury, Oxford. The role has a salary from £35,000 + strong benefits
Our client a leading brand of quality jewellery, fashion and lifestyle accessories stocked in high end retailers such as Debenhams, Macey's, Harrods, and John Lewis. The brand was established in the mid 2000's within the UK and has now expanded into an international renowned brand.
As a Purchasing Manager you will run the company's global purchasing team. You will be based in the Head Office in Banbury and you will be working closely with the Managing Director and Finance Director.
In this inspiring role, you will have the responsibility of managing the purchasing and incoming logistics team to ensure that supply of goods meets demand across multiple markets.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop detailed purchase plans to hit key launch dates for new products
• Understand the product life cycle and demand for fast-paced fashion led products to accurately forecast demand for new and existing lines
• Working closely with the Managing Director, Finance Director and other departments to create monthly and annual purchasing plans across 1,000+ SKUs and multiple markets
• Implementing purchasing plans and ensuring monthly/annual purchasing budgets are maintained
• Motivating and managing purchasing and logistics team members and providing regular review of individual performance
• Participating in the recruitment process of your own team
You will be an experienced Purchasing Manager with 3 years' experience within a similar industry. You must also have;
• Exceptional numerical skills and ability to analyse and model in Microsoft Excel
• Experience in demand management across 1,000+ SKUs and in multiple markets
• Experience planning and executing global logistics and supply chains
• You will need strong negotiation skills
• Experience in HR Management and motivating a team
Based in Banbury, it is commutable from:
Stratford Upon Avon
Package and Prospects
This is a unique opportunity to place your mark on an organisation where the impact of your contribution will be highly visible across the company.
On offer is a salary of up to £35,000 + strong benefits.