BJD have been engaged to find a dedicated Transport Planner for a Pallet Distribution Centre based near Gatwick. Salary on offer is c30,000.
The shift pattern for this role is 2am to 11am, and 6am-3pm rotating week on week.
The company is a well-established transport provider.
As a Transport Planner, you will be responsible for the planning of a fleet in order to maintain excellent quality of delivery. You will be responsible for the effective planning of 500 pallets per day across 45 vehicles. This role is highly pressurized.
• Plan vehicle routes using systems as well as manual planning where required
• Enhance profitability by highlighting cost reduction improvements and identify new opportunities
• Liaise with the team to ensure that service levels are consistently met and take appropriate action where necessary
• Produce daily collection and delivery schedules
• Manage the mapping data to ensure the information is relevant and up to date on the system
• Management of drivers
You will be a dedicated Transport Planner used to dealing with all aspects of pallet planning, systems and legislations in a fast paced environment. You must have:
• Transport planning experience is a must
• Pallet experience
• Demonstrable experience of back hauling
• Comprehensive knowledge of transport legislation including drivers hours and fleet requirements
• Good geographical knowledge of UK.
• A driven transport professional willing to work hard.
• Paragon planning and routing experience and an understanding of manual planning
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Location is based near Gatwick;
Easily commutable from: