BJD Group has been engaged to find a progression driven Transport Administrator to assist in the smooth running of a fast paced logistics operation. The ideal candidate would be wanting to progress into a Transport Planner within 12 months. The position is based on site in Ramsgate with a salary up to £25,000 dependant on experience.
A fast growing Logistics provider.
Reporting to the Traffic Planners and Operations Manager, as Transport Administrator you will be responsible for all transport related delivery and admin issues. Liaising with drivers and the planning team to ensure the operation runs smoothly and to customer expectations. Your duties will include:
• Back office administration duties
• Learning the duties of a transport planner
• Planning in reserve when the planners are absent.
• Support Traffic Planners and Operations Managers with daily tasks.
• Deal with any admin regarding any errors.
• Regularly checking through the drivers trips to monitor progress.
• Arranging any special transport requirements on behalf of sales.
• Debrief early returning drivers.
In order to apply for the position of Transport Administrator you must have experience within a Transport operation. Ideally you will be looking to progress within a Logistics Company
• Previous experience in an commercial transport operation.
• Proven track record of working with drivers and liaising across multiple internal functions
• Well organised with excellent people management skills
• Driven to succeed within the Transport and Logistics industry
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £25,000 (dependent on experience). This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with a growing logistics organisation.
Based in Ramsgate. It is commutable from: