My Client in the Thurrock area is constantly expanding and now looking for an Export Transport Planner to focus on planning trailer routes across mainland Europe. The salary on offer is between £26,000 and £27,000 for the right candidate.
The company is an international logistics provider.
Role & Responsibilities
To assist the European departments, working in a fast paced, busy environment, in meeting the customers requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their trailers effectively and in accordance with company procedures and statutory requirements to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
• Export trailer planning of groupage, part load and full loads
• Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating and assessing any subcontractors ensuring they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
• Communicate with drivers and hauliers to ensure issues are resolved promptly
• Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
• Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/Shipping department for loading/offloading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner, ensuring all hazardous requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will come from an Export background with experience in planning for Trailer loads / European Groupage.
Based in Thurrock, the role is commutable from Grays, Purfleet, South Ockendon, North Ockendon, Tilbury, Stanford Le Hope, Rainham, Dagenham.