BJD are looking for an ambitious European Transport Planner or Freight Forwarder who has experience working in a transport team dealing in the UK and German markets. You will have excellent transport and load planning skills with a sound geographical knowledge of Germany and other areas in Europe. Based near Preston, a salary of between £24,000 - £35,000 is on offer.
U.K and European Road Haulage experts.
The Traffic Planner with be responsible for planning routes to and from Germany and loads of in-house and sub contracted road haulage fleets.
• Vehicle and load planning
• Liaising with sub-contractors
• Arranging the transport across Germany and other areas.
• Route planning and backhauling to optimise vehicle usage, fuel and drivers hours.
• Co-ordination with stakeholders
• Operating within UK and European legislation
• 3PL and contractor sourcing throughout Europe
You will have an excellent knowledge of fleet and driver management within the European market.
• Experienced on various booking systems
• Transport planning experience
• Experience dealing with subcontractors.
• Sound European geography
• Commercially aware
• Able to work well under pressure
• Comprehensive knowledge of transport legislation (UK/European)
• Freight forwarding or traffic office experience
• Freight forwarding and subcontracting experience with Germany.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of between £24,000 - £35,000 and benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing logistics provider at key stage in their operational development.
Based near to Preston it is commutable from: