Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an aspirational Freight Clerk to be based in Dover. The salary on offer is between £22,000 - £24,000 for the right candidate.
The company is an international logistics business distributed a specialist product across the world.
Role & Responsibilities
To assist the Freight and Customs departments, working in a fast paced, busy environment, in meeting the customers requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company procedures and statutory requirements to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
• Dealing with customs entries.
• General administration duties.
• Customs Liaise / co-ordinate with internal and external customers, ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained.
• Ensure effective/timely communication with customers and employees to ensure smooth running of the department.
• Input data into computer systems as directed to ensure timely and accurate information available.
• Arrange with approved carriers for transport of cargo to maximize cost effectiveness.
• Work with sales department to ensure new business is effectively brought into the branch.
• Be involved in the continuous improvement program and grow the branch customer base and profit.
The ideal candidatefor the Freight Clerk's position will come from a Freight background with experience in both Export and Import. Experience with Customs Entries would be of great benefit.
Based in Dover, the role is commutable from Dover, Canterbury, Ashford, Ramsgate, Folkstone, Deal, Sandwich.