Warehouse First Line Manager - Nights Ref: HB/11272
Remuneration: up to £30,000 + Shift Allowance
We have an incredible opportunity to join a market leading 3PL distributor. They require a number of experienced Warehouse First Line Managers to work at their busy dedicated site in Maidstone.
This is a new start up site so previous experience in start-ups would be beneficial.
The role is based near Maidstone.
Salary is up to £30,000 (DOE)+ shift allowance
Shifts on offer: 4 on 4 off fixed nights.
As Warehouse First Line Manager you will be responsible for the health, safety, welfare and man management of up to 40 colleagues across the business.
You will manage an operational function on a daily basis to achieve effective and efficient operations with excellent standards of service whilst focusing on areas such as development and engagement of the team.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Management of a Operational function on a shift by shift basis, ensuring strong decision making to deliver efficient and effective service
• Build and motivate a the team, including recruitment, performance management and ongoing team development
• Responsible for the Control of Health & Safety
• Manage resources for the Operational function to deliver it's objectives
• Ensure compliance to and regulatory legal compliance
• Complete all reports as requested by the General Manager
• Lead a team to optimise day to day performance including shift sections and site briefings.
• Produce accurate daily and weekly KPIs ensuring they are delivered on time
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
To be considered for the role as Warehouse First Line Manager you must have several years' Warehouse operational management experience
• Retail/ Food and Drink distribution experience advantageous
• Warehouse Operational management experience essential
• Previous experience in new site start-ups.
• Excellent people manager with good communications skills plus the ability to communicate objectives and information, inspiring the team to deliver
• Able to add value through an engaging management style.
• Experienced and competent with WMS. (Red Prairie or Manhattan is preferable.)
Package & Prospects
On offer is an excellent package with a salary of up to £30,000 + shift allowance, excellent benefits which include, pension.
This an excellent opportunity to develop your career with an employer highly recognised for the development and welfare of their staff.
Based near Maidstone it is commutable from:
And the surrounding areas
If you are interested please email or phone me quoting Reference HB/11272or click the apply button, if viewing on a job board.
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit bjdgroup.com to set up your free subscription now.