Transport First Line Manager - Nights Ref: HB/011269
Remuneration: circa £36,000
We have an incredible opportunity to join a market leading 3PL distributor. They require a number of experienced Transport FLM's to work at their busy site in Maidstone.
This is a new site so experience in man management within a changing environment would be beneficial.
The role is based at Maidstone.
Salary is up to £30,000 + shift allowance of circa £6,000 per annum.
Shifts on offer are fixed nights 4 on 4 off
As Transport FLM you will be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of colleagues across the business. You will manage the Transport function on a shift basis to achieve effective and efficient operations with excellent standards of service whilst focusing on areas such as development and engagement of the team.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Management of a Transport operation on a shift by shift basis, ensuring strong decision making to deliver efficient and effective service
• Build and motivate a the team, including recruitment, performance management and ongoing team development
• Responsible for the Control of Health & Safety
• Manage resources for the Transport operation to deliver it's objectives
• Ensure compliance to and regulatory legal compliance
• Complete all reports as requested by the General Manager
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
To be considered for the role as Transport FLM you must have several years' Transport operational management experience
• Retail experience / FMCG advantageous
• Excellent people manager with good communications skills plus the ability to communicate objectives and information, inspiring the team to deliver
• Able to add value through an engaging management style.
• Experienced and competent with WMS. (Red Prairie Despatch is preferable.)
Package & Prospects
On offer is an excellent package with a salary of up to £30,000 + shift allowance, excellent benefits which include, pension.
This an excellent opportunity to develop your career with an employer highly recognised for the development and welfare of their staff.
Based in Maidstone and is commutable from:
And the surrounding areas
If you are interested please email or phone me quoting Reference HB/011269 or click the apply button, if viewing on a job board.
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit bjdgroup.com to set up your free subscription now.